Quality, Health, Safety & Environment (QHSE) Policy
Banaras Locomotive Works, a Production Unit under Ministry of Railways is committed to Manufacture reliable, cost effective and state of the art Locomotives, Diesel Generating sets and their spares for Indian Railway’s, Non-Railway Customers including exports.
We are committed to achieve excellence by:
1. Enhancing Customer Satisfaction through continuous improvement in reliability, performance and safety of our products.
2. Comply with applicable Environmental, Health & Safety legislations and legal requirements to which our organization subscribes.
3. Identifying and providing relevant training to staff & supervisors and give them the opportunity to contribute for continuous improvement in Quality, Environmental, Health & Safety management system.
4. Communicating QHSE policy to all employees, interested parties and persons working on or behalf of the Organization.
5. Preventing all type of pollution by minimizing resource consumption and waste generation using cleaner technologies, material substitution and process changes.
6. Preventing all injuries and loss of property, including environmental performance, through continuous safety inspections.
7. Striving for "Right first time" and safe working practice through system improvement and training.
8. Implementing progressive health and safety practices to prevent all employees from occupational diseases and health hazards.
9. Setting objectives & targets and periodically monitor their progress.
10. Ensuring failure prevention and customer expectations.
11. Periodically review our Quality, Environment and Health & Safety policy and management systems for continued suitability, adequacy and effectiveness.