Accounts Department is headed by Financial Advisor & Chief Accounts Officer ( FA &CAO).
- Keeping the Accounts of the Diesel Locomotive Works in accordance with the prescribed rules.
- Internal check of transactions affecting the receipt and expenditure of Diesel Locomotive Works.
- Prompt, settlement of proper claims against Diesel Locomotive Works .
- Tendering as part of its important functions, advice to the administration whenever required or necessary in all matters involving Railway Finance.
- Compilation of budgets in consultation with other departments and monitoring the budgetary control procedures as may be laid down in the relevant orders and Code rules from time to time.
- Generally discharging other management accounting functions such as providing financial data for management reporting, assisting inventory management, participation in purchase/ contracting decisions and surveys for major schemes in accordance with relevant rules and orders.
- Seeing that there are no financial irregularities in the transaction of the Railway.